Saturday, May 13, 2017
7th Annual Building Better Bones 5K/10K charity run and auction will take place Saturday, May 13, 2017 at Jackson Park in Atchison, KS. Proceeds from the event help fund research and awareness of Osteogenesis Imperfecta (OI).
- 7:30 AM Registration
- 8:30 AM 5K, 10K Run
- 11:30-1:00 PM Lunch, Music, Corn Hole, Volleyball and Family Fun!
- 1:00 PM Auction!
- April 19 - Early registration $30
- After April 19th - $35 (no shirt guarantee)
About Building Better Bones
BBB is a non-profit entity that strives to assist with research and awareness of Osteogenesis Imperfecta (OI), ultimately providing opportunities for persons with this disorder to experience a better quality of life. Our mission is to help individuals during challenging times by giving not only hope, but a degree of physical relief to live their lives as normally and symptom-free as possible.
For the past six years, BBB has focused on one event annually, with the hope of having more. We host a 5K/10K run-walk that also includes a pancake feed and live/silent auction. With the funds that have been raised thus far, we, in partnership with our supporters, have proudly helped in many ways, including the following:
- $18,000 to the Osteogenesis Imperfecta Foundation
- $27,000 to Children’s Mercy Hospital and Clinics
- $15,000 to the Shriner’s Hospital for Children OI Clinic in St. Louis
- $8,000 to Atchison Hospital, Live Well Live Atchison, Benedictine College Nursing Program
- Assistance for waterproof casting not covered by insurance
- Care packages for OI patients