Amelia Earhart Festival Saturday July 16th, 2016
Shuttles to and from the event (handicap accessible) are available at the Atchison Elementary School (825 N 17th Street) from 5 PM to 11 PM Saturday.
- Shuttles for anyone (handicap accessible) are available starting 5 PM Saturday at the Atchison Elementary School (see map). Shuttles drop off and pickup near 2nd and Commercial Street. Shuttles stop running at 11 PM Saturday.
- Motorcycle Parking is available 400 Block of Kansas Avenue starting 10 AM Saturday morning.
- Street Closings: Notes only. See map on page 1 for complete closings. Streets re-open only after crowd is clear upon completion of events.
- Main Street from 4th to 5th closes the pervious Saturday, July 9th, for carnival preparations.
- River Road from Atchison Street to Commercial Street closes 6 AM Saturday.
- Commercial from River Road to 4th Street closes at 6 AM Saturday (UMB Bank and Ironhorse Restaurant still open).
- 4th Street from Main St. south to Park St. closes 4 PM Saturday. Traffic may still proceed north from Park for right turn onto MOKAN.
- South boat dock closes at 4 PM Saturday. North boat dock will remain open but accessed only through Doniphan County.
- Eastbound on Atchison Street from 2nd (down the hill to River Road) closes 4 PM Saturday.